UFOs Northwest Homepage
History of UFOs
Sighting Reports
Audio Clips
Close Encounters
Pilot Sightings
Report a Sighting
UFO Events
UFO Organizations
Important Links
About Us
Contact Us

Seattle Investigators Find Debris From B25 Airplane Crash.
Aircraft Crashed in 1947 Carrying Material From Maury Island UFO Incident

Press Release
April 17, 2007
for immediate release

Material found from Air Force’s first plane crash in Kelso Washington 1947.

Seattle Museum of the Mysteries announces on display material from the historical Kelso Crash:  the Air Force’s first plane crash.

After 60 years, material from the Air Force’s first plane crash, a B-25 Bomber has been recovered from a wooded area in Kelso Washington.
Charlette LeFevre and Philip Lipson, Directors of the Seattle Museum of the Mysteries in an expedition to the location of the crash Aug. 15, 2007 along with property owner James Greear made a remarkable discovery -that there were still numerous air plane parts apparently overlooked by the initial cleanup in August of 1947.

In the early morning hours of Aug. 1, 1947, a B25 Bomber left McChord Field and crashed in Kelso with what has always been considered a mysterious cargo of black lava rock slag reported to have been ejected from an unidentified craft during a sighting over Maury Island.

Capt. Davidson and First Lieutenant Frank M. Brown were flying back to Hamilton Air Force Base in California when reportedly their left engine caught on fire and crashed in Kelso killing both officers. As this occurred Aug. 1, 1947, the day the Air Force separated from the Army, this historically became the Air Force’s first military crash and first fatalities.
It is believed both Davidson and Brown knew the urgency of the situation but stayed with the plane until the last moments.

On March 18, 2006 the museum Directors interviewed  Robert Davenport of Kelso, Washington and he related clearly how as a fifteen year old boy he and his father were the first persons at the crash site. He described the site as dangerous as there were still numerous small fire explosions due to the igniting of pockets of spilled fuel.
The plane had impacted the hill at the base of three alder trees and there was burnt debris everywhere.  The military had used Davenport’s property as a base camp and spent over a week in cleaning up the debris.

Also found in the area was a large black stone which directors believe may have been one of the pieces of slag the officers may have been hoping to analyze. The Directors hope to pick up the mission 60 years later to analyze the possible slag in question for its properties.

The directors believe the officers, whether or not they believed  the evidence they were carrying on board was legitimate, risked their lives to secure what they believed to be evidence.

The museum Directors also hope to dedicate a plaque at the historical site Aug. 1 to commemorate the officers who gave their lives in the line of duty.

photos and more information at:
Seattle Museum of the Mysteries
623 Broadway E
Seattle, WA 98102

End press release