Popular Mechanics Magazine (http://www.popularmechanics.com) Feb, 2013 issue features a new article on America’s only “known” flying saucer project (Avrocar). Although this project has been known about for years, all of the documents relating to the project were only recently declassified (Sep, 2012). The nine page Popular Science article summarized information in the newly declassified documents. Highlights of the article follow:
• Project Called “Project 1794”
• Scientist Named Jack Frost Hired to Begin Study in 1947
– One Wonders if The Roswell Crash or Mass 1947 Sightings Were the Reason
for starting the project?
• Above Scientist Believed That Nazis Were Working on “Flying Disk” Project
• Avrocar Never Flew More Than 3 Feet Off of the Ground
• Project “Scrubbed” in 1961
• Avrocar Prototype Moved From Smithsonian to Wright-Patterson AFB Museum
Note to Commenters: If you are reporting a sighting, be sure to include the location (city, state, country), date and time of your sighting. Be detailed in your description. You may also use our report form to report your sighting. Comments will be published if they are in "good taste" and not inflammatory.