Description: While visiting in the Siesta Key area [near Sarasota, FL]; May 3, 2012; 10:40 PM until 11:00 PM we saw what resembled an overlooked cell tower of lights, BUT they moved from the horizon UP and a minimum of 5, and one at a time. During one viewing, the middle 3 moved to make a “t” or “cross” icon.
(1) The Sheriff was called [they said, “We were looking at airplanes”… we replied, “NOT, even though we are close to an airport”. The Sheriff Department sent over a car and a Fire Truck [the lights were gone when they arrived].
(2) I took a few photos [as an ice chest dripped onto me from the upper floor of the balcony. Only 1 set of lights appeared after each “click.”
(3) I emailed the Coast Guard [no reply, yet].
(4) I checked internet news and found nothing. Fireworks HAD been in the sky a few hours earlier. Your next. Do you have ny clues?
(5) One picture [enlarged] looks like a green cookie with a Hershey kiss on top.
Report by Other Witness: We were at the Hyatt Hotel in the Siesta Key, FL area looking south to Venice. It was May 3, 2012. From 10:40 PM until 11:00 PM. We saw what resembled an over looked cell tower of lights, BUT these lights seemed to slowly go up to about 1,000 feet from the horizon, U-turn and come part way down? We saw a total of 20 UFO hovering lights.(We saw the lights after a scheduled completed Firework event.) They moved from the horizon, UP and a minimum of 5, and one at a time. During one viewing, the middle 3 moved to make a “t” or “cross” icon. When I clicked the camera, only 1 obvious light appeared on the camera film. One time the middle ones moved to form a cross-shape.