Description: This happened October 30th, 2014 at 1 AM. I was letting my dogs out and looking to the northwest of Manhattan, IL. I noticed a very bright light. I went inside my home to shut off the outside flood light to get a better look after turning the light off. I noticed that there were a variety of bright colors: red, green, blue and purple shining at different times. It seemed as if it was a lighthouse light. I asked my husband to come look and by this point we think we are going a bit crazy LOL so I asked a roommate to come look as well. This light hovered almost 45 minutes until another aircraft approached near this object. Then within minutes it was out of sight. The conditions outside were very clear. We also were able to see 2 shooting stars also. That was a bonus. I am a mother of 2 kids and this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. I tried to take video, but it wouldn’t come up. Note to Commenters: If you are reporting a sighting, be sure to include the location (city, state, country), date and time of your sighting. Be detailed in your description. You may also use our report form to report your sighting. Comments will be published if they are in "good taste" and not inflammatory.
New UFO Reports
- Bright Red Light Turns Left & Downward Returns to Line Horizontally.
- Several Sightings of 10 to 15 Red & White Lights in a Line.
- Strange Elliptically Shaped Lights Found in Background of Photo.
- Bright Light Moves, Stops, Hovers, Brightens Then Dims.
- Object Runs Square & Octagon Patterns Around Star.
- 6 Unknown Dark Objects Found in Photo Background.
- Glowing Red-Orange-Amber Sphere Flies Slowly East.
- Stationary Bright Glowing Red Slow Strobe Object.