Description: We live in Maquoketa, Iowa and tonight 9/7/13 around 8:45 PM my mom came inside the house and yelled for me to come outside. She pointed out 3 bright red lights in a triangle pattern were in the northwestern part of the sky. Two of the red lights moved out of the triangle pattern for a few seconds then back into the triangle pattern. One of the red lights fizzled out then a second red light flashed white a few times then fizzled out. The 3rd red light then fizzled out. We thought that they could be Chinese lanterns, but they were way too bright. I came inside and got online to see if maybe someone else had seen them or caught them on video and reported it to the news. That is when I came across your blog with similar reports in the past in Iowa. Have they been identified or has anybody else reported them? Please let me know. Note to Commenters: If you are reporting a sighting, be sure to include the location (city, state, country), date and time of your sighting. Be detailed in your description. You may also use our report form to report your sighting. Comments will be published if they are in "good taste" and not inflammatory.
New UFO Reports
- Orange Ball of Light With Lighter Halo Changes Shape Like Parachute.
- Low Flying Triangular Object Glides Silently.
- Red Light Surrounded by White Lights Moves Backward, Streaks Away.
- Saucer Shaped Object Seen in Video Above 4 Airplanes.
- Object Frequently Seen in Sky at Dusk.
- Clouds Part, Hat Shaped Object Appears, Changes to J Shape, Vanishes.
- Reddish-Orange Ball of Light, Hovers, Moves In Jerking Motion, Vanishes.
- Bright Light Bounces Around, Hovers & Vanishes. Video Taken.