UFOs Northwest Homepage
History of UFOs
Sighting Reports
Audio Clips
Close Encounters
Pilot Sightings
Report a Sighting
UFO Events
UFO Organizations
Important Links
About Us
Contact Us

Sighting Reports 2005

Men Follow Huge Green Light Down Mississippi River. All 3 Boat Engines Stop Simultaneously

Location of Sighting (Foley, Missouri)

Date of Sighting: September 4, 2005
Time of Sighting: 10:00 PM to 11:15 PM CDT
Date Reported: September 4, 2005
Location of Sighting: Foley, Missouri (About 60 Miles North of St. Louis)
Latitude:  39.05 Degrees North
Longitude:  90.75 Degrees West
Number of Witnesses: Ten (Including 3 Sheriff Deputies)
Number of Witnesses Interviewed: One
Weather: Clear - Stars Visible

Description:  I received a call a little after 8 PM PDT on September 4, 2005 from a gentleman who was very excited by what he saw. He said that a few minutes earlier he was in his house and his dogs were going "wild." He looked outside and saw a huge green light hovering over the Mississippi River. He then contacted some of his friends who also were looking at the light (on the Illinois side of the river.)  The Sheriff was called and sent three deputies to the scene.  The deputies later left saying "they did not want anything to do with the situation."  The witness also called Scott Air Force Base.  Scott Air Force Base said that they did not have anything on radar and suggested that the witness report the incident to me.  (Scott Air Force Base is in Illinois. It is located about 20 miles east of St. Louis near Belleville, Illinois). The witness was in touch with his friends via cell phone who were attempting to video tape the object.  The tape kept capturing "snow" and would not capture the object.  The object would hover for several minutes, then disappear, and then reappear.  Eventually the men on the Illinois side of the river piled into two pontoon boats and the witness got into his Kawasaki Jet-ski and zoomed down the river at 65 mph.  As all three boats approached the large object their engines all three simultaneously quit.  The men in the pontoon boats then began firing at the object with shotguns.  (Four shots were fired.) The men said that the object was very close to them (according to witness interviewed).  The object took up much of the sky and appeared to change colors somewhat.  The gunshots did no damage and the men did not even hear any sounds of "glancing bullets."  Right after the shots were fired the object disappeared.  The men then were attempting to paddle to a nearby island and try to restart their boats which were still stalled. (At that time the witness hang up and tended to his boat.  I could hear him wadding in the water as he was going ashore to a nearby island.)

Investigator's Notes: This case has all of the ingredients of a classic close encounter with a UFO: Animals become aroused, the object is demonstrating intelligence, the object is defying known physical laws by disappearing and reappearing, cameras malfunction, and engines turn off upon close approach.  Also the fact that the object was "unfazed" by gunshots is interesting.  (However, UFOS Northwest does not endorse shooting firearms or making any offensive gestures towards a UFO.) More information may be collected on this case, but no explanation can be given. Any updates will be posted.