UFOs Northwest Homepage
History of UFOs
Sighting Reports
Audio Clips
Close Encounters
Pilot Sightings
Report a Sighting
UFO Events
UFO Organizations
Important Links
About Us
Contact Us

Sighting Reports 2008

Woman Has Brief Encounter With Unknown Entity

Map Showing Location of Port Angeles, Washington.

Date of Sighting: March 29, 2008
Time of Sighting: Shortly After Midnight PDT
Date Sighting Reported: April 3, 2008
Duration of Sighting: 1 Second
Location of Sighting: Port Angeles, Washington
Latitude: 48.12 Degrees North
Longitude: 123.46 Degrees West
Number of Witnesses: One
Weather: Skies Were Cloudy With Cloud Bases at 4,800 Feet. Visibility Was 10 Miles. Winds Were From the West at 7 MPH. The temperature was 31 Degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity was 89 percent.

Description: It was a little after midnight on Saturday, March 29th. Let me start at the beginning. I felt a little apprehensive going to bed that Friday night. (I was scheduled for a surgery on April 1st.) I finally fell asleep and was abruptly woken up. I sat up quickly and my fiance was standing next to the bed, near the bathroom opening. This happened simultaneously: I looked around (I am nearsighted and wear glasses and didn't have them on.) I sort of loudly whispered to my fiance what? I had a horrible chill and feeling at this time. He was clearly startled by my voice, turned back to look at me, confused and that is when I saw something between him and the bathroom. I yelled there and pointed. He flipped around and it disappeared. It was about 5' 8" about the same height as my fiance. All I could make out was a long hair person, not man or woman. I was cold and shaking. My fiance turned on all the lights. I couldn't stay in the room and felt imminent danger. He did too. We went into the den for about an hour. The hair stood up all over my body that night and the next day when I spoke of this. We didn't discuss the encounter that night. We compared thoughts the next morning. After returning to bed that night, I laid down wearing my glasses. It was about 20 minutes later when I saw a very bright flash, mostly green with white edges, not lightening. It happened twice, quickly. It was not long after that I thought I heard a military jet fly over. (I left the military last January.) I was able to fall asleep. I didn't sleep at the house Saturday night. We stayed next door at my future mother in law's home. She just bought the house next door to us this January. Both are new homes. We moved in last May. Thanks for your time and patience listening to me. I was terrified. Not often have I ever felt that way. Both of us felt imminent danger. My fiance didn't see anything.

Comments: The witness seems quite sincere about her experience and was clearly terrified. Given that the witness was near sighted and not wearing her glasses probably reduced the accuracy of her observation. However, the fact that she saw something briefly in the room that disappeared would defy any conventional explanation. She was awake and lucid at the time of the encounter. Although her fiance didn't see anything he did sense that something strange had happened. This encounter falls under the paranormal category and may not be related to the UFO phenomenon. (No craft was actually sighted.) Without any forensic evidence and more witnesses no investigation can be performed. Some paranormal investigators go to areas with repeat activity and collect scientific data. If the encounters continue, then this could be an ideal site for an investigation.