UFOs Northwest Homepage
History of UFOs
Sighting Reports
Audio Clips
Close Encounters
Pilot Sightings
Report a Sighting
UFO Events
UFO Organizations
Important Links
About Us
Contact Us

Sighting Reports Previous to 1990

Two Mountain Climbers Encounter Triangular Shaped Object. Both Suffer Ill Effects.

Date of Sighting: 1981 (Exact Date Unknown)
Time of Sighting:
Daytime (Exact Time Unknown)
Date Reported: February 24, 2006
Duration of Sighting: Unknown
Location of Sighting: Northern Washington State (Lion Mountain)
Latitude:  Unknown
Longitude:  Unknown
Number of Witnesses: Two
Number of Witnesses Interviewed: Neither (Report Made by Acquaintance of Witnesses - See Below)
Weather: Unknown

Description (Told by Person Who Heard Story From Witnesses):  I THE FOLLOWING IS AN ACCOUNT OF AN ENCOUNTER WITH THE BLACK TRIANGLE UFO AS TOLD TO ME BY A YOUNG MAN I'LL CALL GREG: Greg is a mountain climber and photographer here in the Pacific Northwest. His scenic photographs, taken from the summits of various N.W. mountain peaks, have been shown in local galleries. One day, about 1981, he was climbing at a place I believe he called Lion Rock in the northern part of Washington State. When he reached the plateau, he looked up and saw a dark triangle shaped object he estimated to be several thousand feet in the sky. On his second visit to that same plateau he saw the object again. And again it was positioned very high in the sky. On his third trip to Lion Rock, he was climbing with a friend (I'll call him Bill) who happened to be a Lockheed flight engineer. When they reached the top, Greg was telling Bill about the triangular object. As he was pointing to the sky to show his partner where he'd seen the object, the same object appeared! Bill of course did not know the size of the object but guessed its altitude must have been about 20,000 feet. As they stood there looking at the object they noticed it appeared to be getting larger. In a moment they realized it was in a freefall heading straight for them. They dove for the bushes and the object, which now could be quite clearly seen to be a craft, came to an abrupt stop about 150 feet above the ground and about 150 feet away from them. Greg got out his field glasses to get a really good look at the surface of the craft. He said it really wasn't black but, rather, a very dark amber-hued brown. There was no indication of seams or rivets that he could see. It had the appearance of being a single molded piece. He estimates its size was about equal to a football field. He detected what he thought seemed to be windows along one side and a glow of light coming through them from within the craft. As in my own sighting (see story below), the craft had been totally silent all this time. But that was about to change. Suddenly the craft let out an ear piercing screech and took off at an angle right over Greg and Bill. As it did so, the craft emitted a beam of white light which passed directly over them. In a moment the craft was gone. The result of this encounter was that Greg suffered from blood in his urine for about the next 6 months and Bill suffered from a rash throughout his groin area for about the same period of time. It is interesting to note that Greg is a devout Christian and never really had an interest in UFOs before his encounters. His father is a Christian minister. Another curious thing is that following the encounter with the UFO, Greg seemed compelled to begin creating an unusual series of artworks even though previous to the encounter he displayed no artistic talents beyond his gift for photography. The artworks were mirrors onto which he created geometric designs with strips of colored vinyl or plastic tape of various widths. I have never met Bill but Greg tells me the event caused Bill severe psychological repercussions. I don't know what that means in terms of exactly what those repercussions were. .

Investigator's Notes: This is a very old sighting as told by a second party.  Therefore no investigation can be performed.  The most noteworthy aspect of this case is that both witnesses apparently suffered some physical trauma as the result of their encounter.