Description: The witness called and reported his sighting on June 18, 2012. He is a helicopter pilot and recorded his sighting in his logbook which is why he was able to recall the date. He was on a helicopter flight from Phoenix, AZ to Prescott, AZ (see map). He was training at the time and was seated on the right hand of the helicopter. Both the instructor and he saw a large orange orb over the mountains to the west. The mountains peak at around 6,000 feet and the orb was about 2,000 above the mountains. The object was very bright, but not quite as large as the sun. The object appeared to be moving to the north, but vanished in about 20 seconds. Neither one of the witnesses could identify the object. At the time the helicopter was flying at an altitude of 1,500 feet above the ground, was headed north and was flying at a speed of 80 knots. The witness has flown this route several times and has never seen like it. The witness has a background in the military and was a member of special forces (Green Berets).Note to Commenters: If you are reporting a sighting, be sure to include the location (city, state, country), date and time of your sighting. Be detailed in your description. You may also use our report form to report your sighting. Comments will be published if they are in "good taste" and not inflammatory.
New UFO Reports
- Star-Size Light Blinks Twice Sharply Turns Blinks Twice.
- 4 Big Bright Orange Connected by Lines.
- 5 Bright Round Star-Like Objects Zip Around Fast.
- 3 to 4 Orange & White Globes Appear, Hover, Disappear.
- 5 Disc Shaped Objects Spin & Pulsate.
- 3 White Dots in A Tight Triangular Shape Head South.
- White-Yellow Light Flew Past Helicopter & Disappeared.
- Star Like Object Circled & Zigzagged in NW Sky.